Little Elves Pre-School in Fleet, Hampshire
Little Elves Community Pre-School on Elvetham Heath, in Fleet, Hampshire, offers community based pre-schooling for children aged 2 years 6 months to 5 years old.
Situated on the popular Elvetham Heath Estate, Little Elves Pre School was been established in November 2002 and grown steadily in size and reputation. In April 2011, Little Elves expanded into a new modern extension, providing twice the capacity, an all-weather outdoor play area and dedicated children’s toilets, all to encourage free flow play and independence.
In September 2012, Little Elves changed to a limited company for the benefit of the pre-school, but we are still a committee-run charity. As a charity, we have a great sense of community with everyone on the committee being a parent at the preschool. We have external companies visiting regularly giving the children the opportunity to engage in physical activities and animal handling workshops with Zoolab
We follow the early years foundation stage curriculum which is broken down into 7 areas of learning and development. We have 11 qualified staff, 2 studying towards a qualification, a snack supervisor and a Financial controller.
We aim to ensure that each child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer parent helpers;
- has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes satisfying progress;
- is in a setting that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop; and
- is in a setting in which parents help to shape the service it offers.